Vegan Spinach & Artichoke Dip
This Tasty Recipe Was Inspired by Foods That Support a Healthy Liver
This recipe was inspired by Minimalistbaker.com, a Portland local food blogger. FYI, we tweaked some measurements to suit our exact tastes, based on trial and error. If you have any food allergies such as nut allergies please substitute cashews for seeds or consider using a soy-free vegan cream cheese.
Dairy-free Gluten Free Spinach and artichoke DIP
- 1 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped shallot
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk ((or other unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast (adds cheesy flavor)
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper (plus more for spinach and artichokes)
- 4 cups loosely packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts (rinsed, drained, dried, and roughly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp vegan parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup raw cashews (can also use macadamia nuts)
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Vegan Parmesan “cheese” (makes 16 tablespoons)
Step 1:Mix all ingredients together in a food processor or blender. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
Step 2: There’s no step 2, simply eat to celebrate good health!
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for supporting your healthy liver, because your liver supports you. Without the liver life just wouldn’t be possible. That’s why supporting proper liver function is so important at the Terrain Wellness Naturopathic Clinic in Portland, Oregon. Thanks for reading. While you’re here, consider subscribing to our newsletter. FYI: Summer 2019, we’re focused on Thyroid health and liver function definitely contributes to healthy hormone levels in the body.
Thanks again for reading.
Yours in Health,
Dr. Danielle Lockwood, Dr. Vy Simeles & The Terrain Wellness Team!